RRMS’s “Understanding Benchmark Practices for Process Safety Management” course will help you understand the various North American benchmark practices and recent changes that have occurred in the Canadian Industry for Process Safety Management.
This is an interactive course, involving problem-based learning techniques to convey key PSM System concepts.
This classroom training course will cover the importance of having a systematic approach to plan, develop and implement the foundational elements of process safety with an emphasis on the CSA Z767 Standard.
This Course will reveal:
- The mind-set of an integrated management system: Operational Excellence, Operational Risk and Process Safety
- Take on a professional role that involves the aspects of process safety management and operational risk management systems to enable you to communicate and collaborate more effectively with senior leadership.
This course will help you understand:
- The core concepts and key features of the process safety management systems discipline
- the essential principles of management systems, and how to apply them to operational risk
- the fundamental 4 pillars of process safety management and associated elements
- How to apply process safety management practices within your organization
This course provide:
- you with an electronic and hard copy of the CSA Z767 Standard (if you require one)
- you with all Break out session materials
- you with a Binder with a hard copy of our presentation
This course is intended for:
- Process Safety Managers, Management Systems Specialists, Operational Risk Managers, Solution Architects, Technical Safety Specialists, Compliance Leaders, and EHS Managers and Advisors.
Here is an overview of our day:
|8:30 – 9:45||Welcome and round table introductions|
|9:45– 10:15||Introduction and history of Process Safety within Canada, USA and International frameworks
OSHA Cal/OSHA, CCPS, OGP, OECD
IChemE, CSChE, AICHE, CAPP
|10:30– 11:15||How does Process Safety affect Operational Risk Management|
|11:15-12:00||Breakout Session – Critical events and Process Safety Management|
|12:45-2:00||Understanding and fulfilling CSA Z767
Breakout Session – Understanding Hazards and Risks
|2:15 – 3:00||Understanding and fulfilling CSA Z767
Breakout Session – Risk Management
Breakout Session – Review and Improvement
|3:00-3:45||Assessing your process safety management system and culture|
|3:45 – 4:15||Regulatory requirements|
|4:15 – 4:30||Closing statements – Questions and Answers|